Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cugino's Chicken Enchilada Soup

Daddy Rating: 4

(I picked up this soup mix as a total after-thought while I was at the grocery store and, boy, am I glad i did! This made such good soup, it is going to become a go-to staple in our house! I deviated a bit from the instructions on the package by replacing 2c of water with chicken broth and adding tomatoes, but I LOVE chunks of tomatoes in my food, so I had to. )

Ingredients:
1 package Cugino's Chicken Enchilada Soup Mix
2 cups Chicken broth
4 cups water
1 15oz can tomato sauce
As many canned whole peeled tomatoes as you would like
Rotisserie Chicken - a much as you would like torn by hand and added to soup

For serving:
Shredded Cheese
Corn Chips
Yummy Bread

Bring water and chicken broth to a boil. Add soup mix, tomato sauce, tomatoes and chicken and let simmer, stirring occasionally for 25 min.

Of course our neighbor stopped by RIGHT when we were about to put dinner on the table, but no worries, I just kept the soup warm until he and hubby were done chatting.

I crushed up corn chips in the bottom of the empty bowl and added cheese, then I filled the bowl with soup. It was like a yummy little treat waiting at the bottom of the bowl. I also served with some yummy focaccia bread with jalapenos - YUM. The soup is thick, hearty and perfect for our drizzly evening, the best part - only ONE POT to clean.

I wish I had taken pictures, but my mom was over and I totally forgot. I brought some to work for lunch today and swore I would take a picture. Unfortunately I was so excited to eat it....I remembered to take a picture after I finished...


What was fantastic soup


No comments:

Post a Comment