Monday, March 19, 2012

Pesto Steak Pizza

Daddy Rating: 4 (but I think he was really hungry)

So Hubby and I had a date over the weekend where, of course, he ordered the Fred Flintstone size steak. Surprisingly, he only ate half, so I used the other half for this dinner. There is no recipe to quote from - I saw a picture of a pizza like this in a magazine and it inspired me.

Ingredients:
Boboli Pizza Crust (I had to use 2 since my husband ate one pizza himself)
Red, yellow green bell peppers
Pesto
Onion
Leftover steak
Italian shredded 4 cheese
Olive Oil

Preheat oven to 325-350-ish. Warm oil in skillet. Add onions until soft, add peppers until just soft - keep in mind they will still cook on the pizza in the oven. Spread pesto on pizza crust. Slice leftover steak into strips and arrange on pizza. Cover with a little cheese. Add Onions and peppers. Add more cheese on top.

 Bake on a cookie sheet until bubbly and a little browned. My husband was quite pleased with this dinner and ate the entire pizza in one sitting.
Always serve with a glass of wine. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment