Friday, March 9, 2012

Ro-Tel Quesadillas

Daddy Rating: 3

This is a fantastic, stand-by, go-to, yummy dinner. My sister discovered it on the back of the Ro-Tel can and shared the idea with me when I was new ideas. Two pans, kid friendly, easy clean up - Love it.

Ingredients:
- Canola oil (recipe calls for PAM spray, but oil is more yummy)
- Big can Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Roasted chicken
- Shredded cheese
- Med onion
- Burrito-size tortillas
- Guacamole

Easy Ingredients

Heat a little oil in a skillet and saute chopped onion until soft. Add can of tomatoes and shredded chicken into skillet until warmed.

Place tomato mixture on half of a tortilla and cover with shredded cheese and fold in half. Coat the bottom of a second 12"-ish skillet with oil and place filled tortilla in skillet. When it gets warm and the cheese melty, gingerly flip quesadilla in skillet to brown other side (I use two spatulas to achieve this task).
Eddie the dog wishing the Quesadilla to fall off the counter
Remove from pan to plate - cut into 3rds with a pizza cutter and serve with Guacamole. My husband was full from ONE of these, but I think he snaked on too much Chips and Guac while I was getting dinner ready.

Always serve with a glass of wine...or beer...or margarita

No comments:

Post a Comment