Friday, March 16, 2012

Fish Tacos!

Daddy Rating: 4

I consider this one of my specialties. I think the idea originally came from an Everyday Food issue, but I have modified it and just make it without a recipe so I claim it to be my own. This is especially good for warmer weather because the oven doesn't have to be on too long, in fact you could do it all out on the grill if you wanted.

Ingredients:
Tilapia - 1 Filet=2 tacos, so get as much as you will need.
Sour Cream
Avocado
Purple Cabbage (it's just so pretty)
Shredded CHEESE
Fresh Tomatoes
Corn or Flour Tortillas (splurge and get the good gourmet ones - totally worth it)
Paprika
Olive oil
.5 teaspoon Ground Coriander,
.5 teasp Ground Cumin
Limes

Slice the filets into small chunks. On a foil lined cookie sheet, brush with olive oil. Line up the tilapia, brush with more olive oil and sprinkle with as much paprika as you want. Put under the broiler until fish is opaque.

Fish ready for cooking!

Chop all your fixins. Combine Sour cream with Coriander, Cumin, Paprika and lime juice - let this warm up to room temp so it isn't so cold on your tacos.
Yummy chopped fixins

My favorite is to warm the tortillas directly on the grill... there's just something super yummy about it. Combine all of the ingredients to your liking and ENJOY!

Always serve with a glass of wine.
This was my husband's FIRST plate...he made two more tacos after this.




No comments:

Post a Comment