Sunday, April 21, 2013

Balsamic Tenderloin "Fancy" Dinner

Okay, so I know I haven't posted in a while. I have lots of reasons, but the biggest being that I haven't been cooking much and If I have, it's been weekend meals that don't fit the Working Mommy lifestyle. I've also had some epic failures, but more to come on that later.

So getting down to it. this is a dinner I made for my parents after they had driven back from my sister's house in Georgia. It is EASY, easy, easy - but to look at it on a plate makes one think you spent a lot more time on it.

The basis of this recipe for the tenderloin came from Rachel Ray's show, but I don't use a recipe when I cook it, so I can't say this is exactly how she would do it.


You'll need...
For the tenderloin:
1-2 Pork tenderloin (I made two so we would have leftovers)
8 (or so) cloves garlic whole
Balsamic Vinegar
Olive Oil

For the Spinach:
5-10oz Fresh Baby Spinach (depending on how much you like spinach)
1-2 Teaspoons crushed garlic (from the jar works)

Couscous:
1 pkg Near East Couscous, Garlic flavor

Before work: put poke holes with a steak knife in a staggered pattern down the length of the tenderloin. Push a whole clove of garlic in each slice. Put in a zip loc bag and add a few shakes of balsamic and a few more shakes of olive oil and shake it all around to get the meat fully covered. Stick in the fridge until you get home

Once you are home from work: Preheat the oven to 350* put the tenderloin on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for about 30 min (cook for 20-30 min per pound). Pour a glass of wine.

When the meat is about 5 min from being done, get the water boiling for the couscous and prepare as instructed.

Once the meat is done, set it aside to rest and get out a 12 " skillet. Give a turn or two of olive oil, add crushed garlic and heat over med-high heat. Add spinach and stir until spinach is wilted, but still a little crunchy.

Slice the tenderloin and serve with the whole cloves of garlic inside - they are roasted, sweet and good for you, too!  Everything should still be warm to put on the plate and you look like a hero. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment