Sunday, October 7, 2012

Football Crock-Pot Chili

Daddy Rating: 1 (For Football Sunday of course)

The resident bachelor at work brought in this chili during an office pot-luck and I HAD to get the recipe. I was shocked when I learned it was all canned food, but I knew it would be perfect for a chilly football Sunday. I always try to have some hearty food or snacks on hand for the hubs when he watches football. I score major points when I bring him a bowl of food during a football game - he loves it.
Photo Courtesy of Resident Office Bachelor
Ingredients:
2 cans - Campbell's Steakhouse Chili
1 can - Bush's Chili Beans, hot
1 can - Manwich Bold
1 can - DelMonte diced tomatoes with zesty green chilis
1 can - DelMonte stewed tomatoes
1 cup - small whole wheat pasta not cooked all the way (shells or elbows are good)

Dump everything in a crock pot (drain beans and tomatoes) and cook on low until everything is heated up. You may also want to add some crushed red pepper, creole seasoning or cayenne pepper per your taste buds. Add Pasta about 30 min before serving so it doesn't get mushy. Top with your favorite chili toppings, cheese, sour cream, or french fried onions. YUM

Forget the wine, it's football - serve with a frosty beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment