Sunday, February 19, 2012

Crunchy Chicken on Greens

(Daddy Rating: 2/3)

It's pretty obvious I don't have a future as a food stylist or photog...still tastes good tho!
(This recipe is based off a recipe I pulled out of Real Simple Magazine - I served it over salad this time, but is also good over reduced spinch. Every time I make this (no matter if the chicken is frozen or fresh) it turns out the juiciest chicken breast ever. I would think this would be pretty kid friendly with whatever they would like on the side.)

Ingredients:
- How ever many chicken breasts you need
- Special K Cereal (make sure it is the plain kind, I bought "vanilla-flavor one time on accident...yech)
- Olive Oil
- Pepper
- Spicy Mustard
- Mixed Greens
- Your favorite salad dressing
- Hard Boiled Egg

Preheat oven to 400*.  In a shallow dish (I use a pie tin) pour the Special K cereal and press on it with a spatula to break it into small pieces. Drizzle olive oil over the cereal - about one turn of the dish, and add however much pepper you would like. On another plate, make a puddle of spicy mustard.

For some reason the chicken breasts I buy are huge, but one satisfies my husband, so I'm going with it.
Set up an assembly line, coat the chicken breast with mustard, press into the cereal on both sides and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Cook for 45 or so minutes or whatever the package of chicken directs.

Toss greens with your favorite salad dressing (I used poppy seed) and sliced hard boiled egg. Top with whole or sliced crispy chicken breast. ENJOY!

Always serve with a glass of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment